Thursday 28 June 2012

Setting up Re Aphrodite





So yesterday it was setting up day for Re Aphrodite exhibition and even though it was extremely hot (my mum's car thermometer temperature reading was 44C!) it went pretty smoothly. The only thing I had to do was take Lady Alchymia to the museum and say whether it looked ok at the end when the museum officials and guards put it in the display. There was a lot of waiting around since we had to get permission to open the cabinet and certain people had to be present since it is full of expensive historic jewellery.

 I've never seen my work exhibited in this way and I'm still a bit unsure as to whether I like it or not. The exhibition organisers wanted the artists to work with the museum's artefacts and they really liked the idea of exhibiting the piece in this way. I guess I haven't really seen my work exhibited in a museum cabinet before! Ideally I would prefer to have it framed on that amazing textured wall but we are not allowed to drill any holes - interfere with the wall.

The opening is on the 4th of July so feel free to come if you are in Nicosia!

No comments: