Wednesday 18 April 2012

Pictoplasma Character Walk

So I am back in my studio in the UK and finally have some time to look back and realise what a crazy amazing experience Pictoplasma Berlin 2012 was. Appart from the screenings and lectures there were a lot of small exhibitions around the area where the festival was taking place, where some of the speakers where exhibiting their work. We were given a map and had to look for the orange/pinky fluorescent flags in the city. My feet and poor hypermobile yoga knees where killing me by the end of the day.



I don't know who the artist of this cardboard robots is but I was really impressed that something as cool as that was made from such a simple cheap material.




Mark Gmehling's shiny Cinema 4d masterpieces. It was nice to see some actual 3D sculptures next to his prints. Really fond of his 3d type...makes you want to touch it and feel it's texture!


And of course Mcbess' very detailed ink illustrations always amaze! It was great to see a video documenting the whole process of him painting a mural. 


Crazy character by Berlin based artist MYMO.


Flags around the city.


The map!




No comments: